- Acoustic Flex is supplied in 10 meter lengths.
- Not a stock item and will require 10 days lead time to manufacture & supply
- Constructed from aluminum tape on the inside and metallized polyester tape on the outside which encapsulates a spiral galvanized steel wire and is chemically bonded using self extinguishing fire retardant adhesives.
- The appearance of the core is silver with perforations at regular intervals.
- To achieve the published insertion losses the core must be insulated with the following blanket:
- Thick polyester blanket as specified by the customer to comply with the BCA.
- Other insulation options available on request.
- The sleeve is constructed from a silver metallized polyester tape. As an optional extra insulated duct can be supplied with reinforced sleeve. This must be specified at the time of ordering.
- The sleeve must be fully taped to the spigot as the sleeve acts as the air envelope.
- Acoustic flex provides higher insertion losses than standard flexible duct and is ideal for reducing low frequency noise levels in air conditioning systems.
- Not recommended for return air flexible ductwork on commercial projects, or on systems with AC units larger than 6Hp (18kW).
- Acoustic flex has passed all of the above tests and has obtained a “0003 rating”.
- Between -10ºC and +80 ºC
- Between -200Pa and +1000Pa internal pressure
- Maximum velocity 20 m/s